Conference 'The Sand Motor: Five years of Building with Nature'
2586 CK Den Haag, Netherlands
Five years after the creation of the Sand Motor, the initial research results from this pilot project will be presented. The Sand Motor is a knowledge development project involving government, business, research institutes institutions and non-profit organisations. It will be the central focus of a two-day international conference. There will be speeches, interviews, an exhibition market, workshops and theme excursions looking at areas including morphology, nature and leisure development. The working language during the conference will be English.
Policymakers, scientists and professionals from the Netherlands and other countries working on different disciplines associated with sandy coasts and ‘Building with Nature’.
- Be the first to hear the results and to talk to the researchers
- Share knowledge at the national and international levels about ‘Building with Nature’ solutions for sandy coasts
- Get inspiration for your own project
- Ideal place for meeting people and networking
- See the Sand Motor with your own eyes during an excursion with expert guides
The congress will be on 14 September in the Kurhaus in Scheveningen. The activities on 15 September will be in Kijkduin.
Wednesday 14 September
- Chair Helga van Leur (Meteorologist and Weather Presenter Dutch National Television)
- Presentation of the Key research results by Rijkswaterstaat, Provincie Zuid Holland, Ecoshape and Scientific research programme Naturecoast.
- Presentation of the evaluation by international audit team chaired by Henk Ovink (Special Envoy Water Affairs)
- Application of the Sand Motor abroad.
- Six parallell theme-based sessions with experts.
- Drinks and dinner follow the official part.
Thursday 15 September
- On 15 September experts will guide theme-based excursions on the Sand Motor. Also a programme for the general public will be organised in cooperation with Artists' collective Satellietgroep.
Would you like to know more about the results obtained with the Sand Motor and possible applications in other locations? Please click here to register or visit the website for more information.