Netherlands Centre for Coastal Research
On Thursday January 26, 2017 there will be a joint meeting of the five NWO-BwN projects: EMERGO, BE SAFE, Smart Ecosystems, CoCoChannel and Rebuilding barrier islands.
Knowledge gain within these projects is not only important from a scientific point of view, but also forms the foundation for policy and future delta and river developments. The aim of this day is to inform each other and strengthen the interaction with our consortium partners, especially the NGO’s.
What to expect:
- An introduction/update of the five projects
- Interactive poster session
- Networking possibility
There are time slots for 30 oral presentations; posters can be viewed during all breaks. This year’s conference organisers specifically welcome abstracts on the following themes (in alphabetic order):
- Aeolian transport and dunes
- Coastal management
- Ebb-tidal deltas
- Observational techniques
- Sand nourishments
- Waves and storms
The organising committee (Martin Baptist & Alma de Groot)
On 10 January 2017, 13.00-17.00 hr, the second Christiaan Brunings Lecture will be held at the Utrecht University Library Uithof (Boothzaal).
This year's theme is salt marshes!
* keynote lecture prof. Sergio Fagherazzi (Boston University) on survival of salt marshes under global change
* lecture prof. Tjeerd Bouma (NIOZ) on small-scale processes affecting large-scale salt marsh dynamics
* Metronome tidal facility demonstration, perhaps including the first-ever mud flats and salt marshes in experiments
100 seats available (admission free) for practitioners and scientists working on salt marshes. More info (programme, abstracts) and registration at www.uu.nl/bruningslecture. Last year's lecture is online. Also see www.uu.nl/metronome.
Sponsored by Deltares (and probably also by Rijkswaterstaat)