Netherlands Centre for Coastal Research
The Farewell Symposium and Valedictory Address of Prof. Arthur Mynett will take place at UNESCO-IHE in Delft on Friday, 27 November 2015. The ceremony will start at 13.30 hrs with the following speakers:
- Prof. Dick Yue, Massachusetss Institute of Technology, USA: Unlocking Knowledge, Empowering Minds
- Prof. Peter Goodwin, University of Idaho, USA: Hydrodynamics, Ecohydraulics, Complex Systems
- Prof. Vladan Babovic, National University of Singapore: Uncertainties, Risks and Opportunities
- Prof. Cor Peters, Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi: From a Fossil Fuel towards a Hydrogen Economy
- Prof. Qiuwen Chen, Nanjing Hydraulic ResearchInstitue, China: On Cellular Automata and Hydraulic Engineering
For more information please see the invitation!
The General Assembly 2016 of the European Geosciences Union (EGU) will take place on 17-22 April 2016, in Vienna (Austria).
We cordially invite you to submit abstracts for the EGU session: Climate change impacts on nearshore hydrodynamics and morphodynamics (GM12.2/NH1.17/OS2.8). A full description of the session can be found here. Abstract submission deadline is January 13, 2015, 13:00 CET by electronic submission only through the meeting website.
Invitation for the 1st Christiaan Brunings Lecture: 12 January 2016, 12.30-17.00 hr at Utrecht University
Theme: morphodynamics and sedimentology in estuaries
Estuaries harbour highly productive natural habitats and are of pivotal economic importance for food production, access to harbours and urban safety. Accelerating sea-level rise, changing river discharge and interference threaten these functions, but we lack fundamental understanding and models to predict combined effects of biomorphological interactions, inherited landscape and changing drivers.
- keynote lecture prof. James Best (Illinois) on bars and bedforms in the Columbia River estuary
- lecture dr. Jelmer Cleveringa (Arcadis) on bars and bedforms in the Western Scheldt
- Metronome tidal facility demonstration
100 seats available (admission free) for practitioners and scientists working on estuaries
More info and register at www.uu.nl/bruningslecture.
Sponsored by Rijkswaterstaat and Deltares