Netherlands Centre for Coastal Research
The Farewell Symposium and Valedictory Address of Prof. Arthur Mynett will take place at UNESCO-IHE in Delft on Friday, 27 November 2015. The ceremony will start at 13.30 hrs with the following speakers:
- Prof. Dick Yue, Massachusetss Institute of Technology, USA: Unlocking Knowledge, Empowering Minds
- Prof. Peter Goodwin, University of Idaho, USA: Hydrodynamics, Ecohydraulics, Complex Systems
- Prof. Vladan Babovic, National University of Singapore: Uncertainties, Risks and Opportunities
- Prof. Cor Peters, Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi: From a Fossil Fuel towards a Hydrogen Economy
- Prof. Qiuwen Chen, Nanjing Hydraulic ResearchInstitue, China: On Cellular Automata and Hydraulic Engineering
For more information please see the invitation!
The NCK days 2015, with over 100 attendees, were a great success! The quality of the presentations and posters was high and we would like to thank all speakers and people with poster presentations for their contribution. The book of abstracts is now available for download. Also thanks to Rijkswaterstaat, for organising this edition of the NCK days!
In addition to the the presentations and poster sessions, the traditional Icebreaker, the excursion and a dinner were part of the programme. The Icebreaker included an evening walk to Netherlands' highest coastal dune and we visited the Hondsbossche and Pettemer Sea Defence on Thursday afternoon. The Hondbossche and Pettemer Sea Defence had just been strengthened with an enormeous nourishment. It was nice to see the end result!
The General Assembly 2015 of the European Geosciences Union, will take place on 12-17 April 2015, in Vienna (Austria).
As part of the Ocean Sciences Programme, Session Group OS2: Coastal Oceans, Semi-enclosed and Marginal Seas, we are organising the Open session on Coastal and Shelf Seas (OS2.1). More information can be found in the 'upcoming events' section of this website.
Abstract submission deadline is January 7, 2015, 13:00 CET by electronic submission only through the meeting website.